Saturday, February 19, 2011

Funfetti Cupcakes and Friday Favourites...on a Saturday


Busy week again this week with work, volunteering and meeting up (finally) with my twitter/blog, now real friend Cailin from A White Picket Fence.  Therefore, no Friday Favourites but I'm making up for it with an extra bonus of homemade funfetti cupcakes.

What are funfetti cupcake you might ask. Well they are just regular cupcakes with sprinkles in them.  Pretty easy eh!  I decided to make these cupcakes because I had a order for four dozen cupcakes for a team of figure skaters and they wanted a star theme.  I went out and got some colourful star sprinkles, a star chocolate mold and some yellow confectionary melts and made some pretty awesome looking cupcakes.

Batter with star sprinkles

Cupcakes right out of the oven

Which colours should I use?

Purple and Orange, all done with the chocolate stars


Now for the Friday Favourites, although I wasn't on the net a lot this week I still found some pretty awesome stuff.

  • A great "how to" over at Cake Journal on how to make macarons.
  • These awesome lip pops over at Bakerella, great for anytime of the year.
  • This super cool picture taken of a band called Change of the Light Brigade, each person was taken individually then composed together, excellent work over at mk:photographics.
  • Some nice stuff over at Pinks and Needle's etsy, a really cute cupcake pin.
  • Made these awesome lava cakes by Paula Dean for Valentine's Day.
Hope everyone has a great weekend, see ya next Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment