Monday, May 9, 2011

Berry Spelt Muffins


I know, I know I've been away for quite a long time, especially long in the blogging world.  First off, I took on another class at work because one of our teachers had a stroke and as Pride Toronto is only 52 days away I am spending a lot more time on that as well.  Oh and my Mom deleted all of my Easter baking pictures off her camera...

Here's a recipe that I came up with over a year ago and I'm finally read to share it with you (it probably could use some more tweaking), if you try it out please let me know how it works and if you have modifications.  I originally made this recipe for a POM Wonderful contest, after submitting my recipe I learned that the contest was for the POM fruit not the juice.



I really hope you like them...introducing my recipe for Blueberry, Raspberry and Pomegranate Spelt Muffins.

Recipe:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

In a bowl mix together:
4 tbsp. oil
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
2 eggs
1/2 cup pomegranate juice (any flavour will do, I used blueberry)
2 tsp. vanilla extract

In a small bowl combine:
2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups spelt flour
1/4 tsp. salt

Mix together to get out any lumps.

Mix wet and dry and add 2 cups of blueberries (I did 1 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup raspberries and 1/2 cup blackberries).

Put into lined muffin tins and bake until a tester comes out clean 15 - 20+ minutes depending on your oven.

Pomegranate juice

Batter

Warm muffins
Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment