Friday, August 12, 2011

Red Velvet Whoppie Pies

I first made these whoopie pies quite a while ago. Unfortunately, most of the pictures taken with my camera didn't turn out as it was in the bottom of my purse with a broken container of apple sauce. Luckily I took a couple of pictures with my iPhone. These whoopies pies were really good, I took them in to all of my co volunteers at Pride Toronto and they were devoured, I had a hard time getting them there without people eating them.

I used the recipe from the Food Network Kitchens and didn't make any big changes except the amount of food colouring. I've come to the conclusion that you don't need to use as much food colouring as many recipes call for. I still got a good red hue with half the amount of food colouring. Next time, I want to try natural food colouring or beets.

Red Velvet batter

Batter balls

Red Velvet Cookies

Finished Whoopie Pies
Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment