Thursday, January 13, 2011

S'more Whoopie Pies

Wow I must really love s'mores this post and my last are about them but this time it's whoppie pies.


I made these pies for a friend Enuka Okuma while she was finishing the sound her new short called Cookie.  Both the movie and the whoppie pies turned out great.  My only issue was with the marshmallow filling called for shortening which I found the taste DISGUSTING and made a pact with myself never to use shortening again, only butter :).

I got the recipe from the great book Whoopie Pies by Sarah Billingsley and Amy Treadwell.  I love all the little notes at the front of the book.  It took me quite awhile to get this book, I kept seeing it at the bookstore and finally decided to get it, I'm glad I did.

The whoopie pie is a graham flour base with chocolate ganache and marshmallow filling. I'd write the recipe out but it's quite long, just go buy the book instead.

Graham batter


Perfect little whoopie pie tops and bottoms

Marshmallow filling


Chocolate ganache filling

Yummy S'more Whoopie Pie ;)

2 comments: