Monday, November 15, 2010

Oooey Gooey Cinnamon Rolls

Maybe not to oooey but definitely delicious.  These cinnamon buns will add to the muffin top but I think they were totally worth it!  my boyfriend said "if these were what I had for breakfast, I'd eat breakfast everyday!" (he never eats breakfast)


It took me all day to decide what to bake and finally at 6pm I had decided.  Luckily, I have a bread machine so the dough only took 50 minutes.  The amount of butter used was frightening so I used less in the goo and topping.

I think everyone should try these at home.  Recipe modified from two different recipes.

For the dough:

3/4 cup water
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups a/p flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. milk powder
2 1/2 tsp. dry yeast

Put all of the ingredients into your bread machine according to the instructions given by the manufacturer.

For the gooey part combine 1/2 cup of butter and 1/2 of brown sugar (I used dark) in a saucepan and melt until the sugar has dissolved.  Pour this mixture into the bottom of your lined baking pan.


Roll out your dough on a floured surface.


Brush your dough with melted butter and sprinkle topping (3/4 cup brown sugar and 2 tbsp. cinnamon) on top of the dough.


Roll the dough, using both hands.


Cut the rolled dough with a serrated knife and put the rolls into the baking pan.


Let the buns rest in the pan for 20 minutes while your oven is preheating (350 degrees fahrenheit).
Put the buns in the oven for 30 minutes.  


Let rest for three minutes then flip the buns so the gooey topping can run all over the buns.


These buns were awesome!  I actually liked them a bit better when they had cooled down and caramelized a bit.  You can make a cream cheese icing for these as well.  I just used a sugar icing (1 cup of icing sugar and 2 tbsp. of milk whisked together) as these already have enough butter in them.

Hope you enjoy, they are definitely worth the time and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment